I hereby agree to accept a position in a voluntary capacity as a volunteer for the PFP (herein after referred to as PFP), I understand that the term voluntary means the way in which actions or services are rendered to the PFP. Such actions or services are rendered to the PFP with generous and charitable motives. No liability whatsoever will be incurred by the PFP to anyone who performs voluntary actions or services. I understand that the term volunteer means a person who freely chooses and renders services to the PFP in a voluntary capacity.
1. I fully understand and agree that I am providing my services to the PFP strictly as a volunteer.
2. I agree that all services I provide are charitable in nature and entirely voluntary, and there will be no compensation of any kind for the performance thereof. Further I have been fully advised that as a non-employee I am not covered by worker’s compensation and am not covered under any medical insurance plan associated with my volunteer position with PFP.
3. I fully understand and agree to provide my services to PFP as a volunteer in a volunteer capacity without any express or implied promise of salary, commission or payment of any kind whatsoever.
4. I fully understand and agree to provide my services to PFP as a volunteer in a volunteer capacity without any employment-type benefits, including but not limited to employment insurance programs, workers compensation accrual in any form, or sick, holiday, or annual leave time.
5. I fully understand that PFP handles large numbers of animals of unknown temperament on a daily basis. I agree to hold PFP harmless of any injury(s) or disease(s), which I might sustain from handling the animals during the course of my volunteer duties. I understand that various activities involving dogs and/or puppies can be hazardous in nature involving the possibility of being bitten, scratched, jumped on, dragged or knocked over. The possibility of serious accidents and/or injury can occur during participation in volunteer activities. Knowing the risks involved nevertheless I have voluntarily applied to participate in volunteer activities and I hereby agree to assume all risks of injury, and to release and hold harmless PFP, its’ Directors, Officers, and/or agents who through negligence or carelessness might otherwise be liable to me.
6. I fully understand and agree to assume all risks involved in any and all duties that I perform for PFP. Such duties may consist of, but are not limited to, animal handling, custodial work, kennel staff assistance, and other foreseeable duties.
7. I agree to familiarize myself with the PFP policies and procedures. I will fully comply with both the letter and the spirit of these procedures.
8. I fully understand that PFP expects high standards of moral and ethical treatment of animals under its care. I agree to strictly adhere to these standards in my voluntary capacity at the PFP
9. I fully understand and agree that either for failure to fully comply with any and all of the obligations outlined in this Volunteer Agreement, or for any reason whatsoever, while performing my voluntary services to PFP in a voluntary capacity, PFP at its sole discretion, may immediately terminate my volunteer services.
10. I recognize that in handling animals at PFP in a volunteer capacity there exists a risk of injury or sickness, including personal injury or harm. On behalf of myself, my heirs, personal representatives and executors, I hereby release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless PFP, its agent, servants and employees from any and all claims, causes of action or demands, or any nature or cause connected with my Volunteer Agreement. This might include connection with my volunteer services based on damages, which may be incurred or sustained by me in any way. Such damages or injuries might include, but are not limited to, animal bites, accidents, injuries, and personal property damage.
11. I understand that public relations is an important part of volunteering at the PFP. I agree, therefore, on behalf of myself, my heirs, personal representatives, and executors to allow the PFP to use any photograph or video recording taken of me for use in public relations efforts. Any photographic or video images I produce, in a voluntary capacity, will become the sole property of the PFP and, as such, they may use them in any way they see fit. The PFP will use reasonable efforts to notify me but such notification is not a condition of use under the auspices of PFP. I hereby grant permission for PFP to use my likeness in a photograph/video or any photo/video that I upload to the PFP Facebook page in any and all of its advertising or collateral materials, including the PFP website (www.petsfurpeople.org) without payment or any other consideration. I hereby irrevocably authorize PFP to edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish or distribute any photos/videos taken of me for purposes of publicizing the PFP organization or for any other lawful purpose.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS WAIVER OF LIABILITY, MEDICAL RELEASE, PHOTO/VIDEO RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THE CONTENTS. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND AGREEMENT BETWEEN MYSELF (AND MY GUARDIAN, if applicable).